Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So Long, Andre!

Who knew tennis could be so emotional? Tennis great ANDRE AGASSI retired from tennis this weekend with lots of tears and a heartfelt farewell to the New York fans of the U.S. Open. "The scoreboard said I lost today, but what the scoreboard didn't say is what it is I have found," he said, his lower lip quivering and tears rolling from his big brown teddy bear eyes. "Over the last 21 years, I have found you, and I will take you, and the memory of you, with me for the rest of my life." I'm sad to see Andre leave the game, but not as sad as I was to see him shave his mullet in the late '90s! He used to be the bad boy of tennis with his black tennis threads, neon shorts and ratty blonde locks. But he later joined the tennis establishment, shaving his head and wearing all white. Guess everyone has to grow up sometime. Good luck and farewell, Andre! This is how I'll always remember 'ya (foto from 1990) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home