Thursday, May 18, 2006

Congratulations, Danielle! America's Next Top Model



BAM! Last night's finale of "America's Next Top Model" was the first time where it felt like two really strong candidates finally made it to the top two. DANIELLE's been taking gorgeous pics throughout, even while riding an elephant 24 hours after getting out of the hospital, while JOANIE has that classic, movie-star bone structure. (I still say that hack dentist messed up her veneers tho -- she's got that horsy look.)

Of course, we knew JADE was the fly in the dippity-doo, just there long enough to stir up enough drama to distract us from the real competitors. Thank God, she can now go back to torturing coffee-houses with her half-assed poetry. Get a dictionary, bizzatch!

Still I was shocked at the judges' final reveal. Even though I've loved Danielle's personality throughout the show, I honestly thought Joanie would pull off the crown in the end just because Tyra kept harping on Danielle's Southern-fried, Little Rock accent. (I'm from the South too so I can relate!) I can't help but wonder how much say CoverGirl has in these choices, especially after NICOLE LINKLETTER's snoozy commercials. "This is a day in my life as a CoverGirl ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz." Maybe they wanted a girl with a pulse this time!

(You saw it last night first! Check out Danielle's first CoverGirl ad in this issue of People, on stands Friday.)



Finally, according to "Entertainment Tonight," the show wrapped months ago and Danielle's been training ever since with a speech coach at the University of Arkansas. Hey, it ain't Hah-vard, but this is UPN, people, whaddaya expect? You can hear the improvements already here.

Technorati: + + +

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanie and Danielle aren't even in my league. I'm so much more analystic and spectaculizzle...

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, Danielle! u go, brokedown baby doll!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roxy I love you I love your site. Each season of antm they have some mega-bitch and jade was this seasons , I never thought she was special but I am surprised she was not in the final 2, although I am happy!!!! Yay Danielle..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home