Monday, March 20, 2006

Portia Says: Ally Made Me Anorexic


PORTIA DE ROSSI admits in the new Vogue magazine that she became so obsessed with being as thin as lollipop head CALISTA FLOCKHART on "Ally McBeal" that she starved herself down to 82 pounds (!). At one point in 1999, Portia says she was restricting her calories to 300 a day so that she could be a sexy skeleton like Ally. "I didn't really know at that point what it was like to be a celebrity, and the only people I knew at the time who had a similar experience were these women whom I worked with. They became my role models," she tells Vogue. While I doubt that Calista actually held Portia's head to the toilet, I can kinda see how that show could warp your view of what a women should look like. Portia, who now weighs a normal 125 pounds, says, "I'm not proud of this struggle. (While anorexic) it just seemed like I literally wanted to disappear. And now I would like
to reappear."


Technorati: + + + +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home